Formerly the site of the Merton Hotel, this vacant 2 acre allotment is an historic piece of land in a prominent and central Merton location. The hotel was built in 1858 and has local family history documentation has placed many notorious Australian characters as former clientele, including Ned Kelly, Harry Power, and even Mad Dog Morgan is documented as having used to stay at the Pub around the mid 1800's.....Unfortunately the pub was destroyed by fire a few years ago, but the original site can now be yours!!
* Vacant 2 acre allotment in a prominent and central Merton location
* Good, level land, with distant mountain and bush views
* Walking distance to the Merton service station - don't run out of bread & milk!
* Water tank, power connected on site, plus a new septic tank in place
* 11x6 garage and 6x6 carport (to be assembled) to be sold with the block
* The owner is even happy to discuss handing over the caravan to the new owner!
* Less than 2 hours to Melbourne, and 30 minutes to the Mansfield township
* Close to Lake Eildon, and en route to the ski slopes of the Alpine National Park
* Beautiful views towards the picturesque Strathbogie Ranges